It doesn't matter what type of business you run or if you are an entrepreneur selling products/services online, you need to be doing attraction marketing, or AM for short. What is this type of marketing and what are the benefits? Read on to find out the answers to those questions, as well as pickup a few tips to help you out.
What Is Attraction Marketing
It is a form of marketing that is used to tempt a person to buy something without actually being told they should buy it. A good example of this is if you see something you like, and you want to buy it based on how good it is and not because the salesperson convinced you to buy it or told you that you should buy it.
Another example is you saw someone talking about a specific product or service. They don't tell you to buy it, but you do it anyways. This may because you were drawn to it, can see yourself using it or needing it or because the person did an impressive job at explaining how the product/service works.
There are many benefits of attraction marketing. The top ones include:
1. Increase Sales
The best thing about this type of marketing is it can increase your sales. Even if you're currently making profits on a regular basis, there's always room to increase them, especially via AM. People will want to buy your products or services when they feel that whatever you offer them is something they truly need, desire or if they feel that it resonates with them. If the marketing is done right, and depending on which platforms you decide to use, you could end up seeing sales increase within a very short period of time.
Even if you don't make sales right away, there's a good chance they will increase over the course of time. This form of marketing can result in people remembering who you are. In turn, the next time they need something that your company offers, they'll turn to you before anyone else.
2. Builds & Cultivates Relationships
When you attract people in a natural way, they will be more inclined to connect with you. This means this type of marketing can help you build, cultivate and maintain relationships with customers, potential customers and your social media followers. On that note, the marketing can be used to not only increase your sales, but it can be used to increase your overall exposure on the internet, including social media platforms.
In any kind of business, you need to be able to maintain relationships, as well as build on new relationships. Sure, other marketing methods can be used to do this. However, it is far easier to do with AM.
3. Builds Trust
Another benefit of the marketing technique is it can help build trust. Your products or services will be showcased in a way that makes people want to buy them, all without feeling like they are being hit with a sales pitched. When you market your products/services in a way that naturally attracts people, and the more people who end up buying from you and spreading the word about you, the more trust you'll build with people.
It doesn't matter how good of a reputation you have, you can always improve it. Marketing techniques can make or break your reputation, and this type of marketing can do an amazing job at improving your reputation. If you use AM the right way, then people will be drawn to your business and they will look at you in a favorable light. In turn, your reputation will improve.
Maybe your business currently needs to boost its reputation due to the public having a negative perception. If this is the case, then you'll want to implement this form of marketing into your overall marketing strategy. Within a few months or even a few weeks your reputation could be boosted.
5. Build Your Online Presence
One of the most powerful benefits is being able to build your online presence. Sure, your business may already have a strong online presence, but AM can take your online presence to a whole new level. Let's not forget to mention that AM can be used to grow your online presence on various platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram to name a few.
6. Build An Email List
Not only is AM a powerful form of marketing, but it can be used to boost your other marketing efforts. More specifically, email marketing. AM can aid you in building an email list, which is something all businesses should have, regardless if it's an offline business or an online business. What you want to do is implement an AM strategy, and encourage people to join your email list.
As time goes on, your email list will continue to grow. Even if the majority of people who join it have yet bought something from you, they may end up becoming customers in the future. However, if you want to increase your chances of making sales via your email list, then make sure you email your subscribers on a regular basis, such as weekly or even bi-weekly.
Those are the key benefits of AM. If you want to reap all the benefits associated with it, then you'll want to implement a few tips. Let's discuss some of the top tips in the next section.
The top tips to implement in an AM strategy includes:
1. Educate Consumers- Educate your targeted market, and don't try to hard sell it. You want to tell your prospects all about your product and/or service, but in a way that doesn't come off as if you're trying to sell them. For example, you can strictly explain the basics of your product/services, such as how it works, what makes it work and what the end result will be (if you're offering a service). This is just one example of how to educate consumers.
2. Be Genuine- When you're talking about your offerings or showcasing them off, always be genuine. These days consumers can tell who is genuine and who is trying to solely make money from them. Part of AM is being completely authentic, and the more authentic you are, the better off you'll be.
3. Content Creation- One of the best things you can do when it comes to AM is to create content of all types. For example, you can create videos to publish on YouTube, upload photos on a regular basis to Instagram and use Twitter to create short Tweets about your services/products. However, you'll want to setup a blog and/or website and post to it on a regular basis.
Also, no matter what type of content you publish, you need to be authentic. As previously mentioned, being genuine is a must, and this is regardless of what platform you use to market your business. The bottom line is creating content and being genuine will play a major role in how successful you are with AM.
4. Earn Trust- Perhaps the best thing you can do is earn trust with your prospects. AM is a powerful marketing technique, but if people don't trust you, then they won't buy from you. There are many ways to earn trust, such as responding to customer complaints in a timely manner, asking for feedback via social media and things of that nature.
There are many strategies you can implement when it comes to attraction marketing, and if you want to take things to the next level with your business, then you should start doing this type of marketing. As you can see from the above, there are many benefits of doing it. All you have to do now is create a strategy and tweak it as you go along.